Friday, March 09, 2007

Harpo's Play Things!




This is a new Harpo that I just did for a book called "The Film Art of the Marx Brothers" by William Woollcott Marx and Daniel Kinske, LCDR., U.S.N. The book is a tentative 80th anniversary celebration of their first film, The Cocoanuts (1929) and will be out in stores in 2009. Should be a fun book, there will be a lot of great art featured in the book by great artists, like Al Hirschfeld, Mark Fredrickson, Drew Struzan, Jack Davis, Hermann Mejia, Mort Drucker, Drew Friedman, Richard Williams and many, many more! I'm very honored to be a part of it.

There still may be some slight changes made to this piece but for now this is what I have.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tim Bye said...

Wow Jason! This is just incredible. What medium is this? The detail in the fabric folds is stunning. Really top notch

4:11 PM  
Blogger Joe Bluhm said...

Jason- wow. You're really coming through with this one. I think the suit looks great (your own reference?) and the little hands on the puppets are hillarious.

One thing that bothers me is his right (our left) cheek sticking out so far- it's a bit unbalanced.

Also, the shadow under his front-foot could get a bit heavier (darker) as it meets his foot.

This is becoming quite a piece.

Keep at it.

4:13 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks Tim and Joe. And Joe I appreciate the comments, I was thinking the same thing about the shadow it's nice to have that confirmed . . . I'll also take a look at the cheek . . . thanks again!

5:01 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

I made the adjustments Joe, thanks again!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning! I thought maybe something was off about it for a minute, then I realized it was just because it was in color, haha! Love the Groucho puppet.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awesome!
Once again a mastrpiece!

4:18 AM  
Blogger J. Nowland said...

Hey Jason... this is fantastic.... maybe just cause I'm a big Marx fan... but this brings the skills as well... PEACE!
J

12:15 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you Wouter and J. I'm happy with how this baby turned out . . . it was a fun piece to do . . . that helps a lot!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Draganmac said...

Was this book cancelled? I've heard rumors of it for years, what's the status of The Film Art of the Marx Brothers?

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners