Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Old Man!




I did this sketch with sketchbook pro, I love that program! Anyways, I'm currently working on Schoolism and this is one of the drawings or sketches that I did yesterday for my online course. Also, yesterday I had the pleasure of having lunch with my friend Bill Moore, he was here in Chicago visiting family and gave me a call. He does some great watercolor and gouache work, make sure you check his blog out.
BTW, this is a sketch of my Dad, please do yourself a favor and check out his work as well, he's an amazing painter!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful sketch Jason! Welcome back!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

KILLLLLLLLLLER piece bro. very strong drawing~T

9:16 AM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Just checked out your dad's art - awesome oil paintings and wildlife work. As you said solid compositions and brush work. Your portrait of him gives me the image of an adventure painter capturing nature's finest. Had a good time talking illustration and "art" with you yesterday. Hope we get to do some outdoor painting when I become a real Chicagoan again.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

Another great piece Jason - inspiring stuff!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Dan Johnson said...

Great as usual!

Hey Jason, I'm seriously considering signing up for your schoolism course, are there still places available? How does it work exactly? You give assignments and then give feedback on them? Is it all done by email? Thanks

Dan

12:58 PM  
Blogger James said...

Cool Sketch. Sketchbook Pro, eh? Do you use a tablet PC?? It sounds pretty cool for one of those.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Val Cox said...

I love it! I am a big fan of your father's work. I'm really enjoying your art as well, it's fantastic! Val

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most inspiring work I've seen in ages.

A Question:
I've used Painter for years... what advantages would you see in Sketchbook Pro over Painter?

thanks,
Nate

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners