Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back from Toronto!




Well, just got back from the Fan Expo in Toronto Canada, and I'm just about to take off for another small trip . . . I'm looking forward to just getting back into the studio. The Fan Expo was fun, but the best part in my opinion was hanging out with friends. It was also my first time to Canada, so that was fun, I was schooled in the ways of the "Lunies and the Toonies" . . . and I don't mean the classics from WB Studios.

One morning I was able to get out early before the convention started with Canadian Marco Bucci We walked around Toronto looking for something interesting to paint . . . and came across this old building. It was a fun time painting. Marco gets out a lot more than me to plein air paint, so it was fun painting with him and checking out his approach. More than that, we only had one set up, so we shared the same easel, putting up two separate panels, painting shoulder to shoulder . . . so there we were, side by side, mixing our paint on the same palette. We had a real great time talking and painting together, but it must have looked funny for people walking by?

The above oil sketch is my take on the building, check out Marco's blog to see his.

13 Comments:

Blogger RAWLS said...

I think I recognize that building. Nice sketch J. Yea, Marco is an uber talented chap. Sorry I missed you guys at the expo...next time!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Larry Seiler said...

goodness...talk about space management issues!!! Shoulder to shoulder same easel...

egads...I think I'm too scary for anyone to try that with me!

Nice effort to be sure, Jason!!!

daaaaahd

11:18 AM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

haha, this was one plein air session I'll never forget! Looking forward to painting with ya again. Maybe a trip down to Chicago is in order.

11:57 AM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Jason.. I like the softned edges on the bulding and the grayed colors. Reminds me of some of the great American painters of he WPA era. You've shown that good work can be achieved in almost any circumstance.

12:34 PM  
Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

Hey man, nice work as always! Sounds like you had a fun experience in Toronto. I hope it was successful for you! Have fun on your other trip. Talk to you soon.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

great stuff!!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Ryan Wood said...

That's funny, you shoulda had someone snap a picture of the both of you painting. Really nice work, Mr Seiler!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Manoj Sinha said...

Hi Jason
Nice to see naturel painting. I also watched marco's painting. This is great feeling that two artist share one easel.

12:47 AM  
Blogger EL GRANDE said...

Purely Brilliant!

4:46 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Hey thanks guys! Was a quick painting, and a lot of fun painting with Marco! I wish I had more time to be outdoors painting . . . .

9:11 AM  
Blogger Manoj Sinha said...

Hi jason,
I had posted Obama's caricature yesterday. I need yor valuable suggestions about coloring and sketching.

2:14 AM  
Blogger chanee said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
เมย์ พิชญ์นาฏ สวยแซ่บบบเวอร์ จนน้ำทะเลจืด อวดหุ่นเอวบาง

6:36 AM  
Blogger edok69 said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
เว็บเดิมพัน แทงบอล ยอดนิยม ที่ดีที่สุด "

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners