Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Starbucks 11-29-08



It's been a while since my last post, so I thought I'd post a couple sketches I did this past Saturday. My daughter has a 45 minute art class on Saturdays, so I sit across the street at Starbucks and sketch a bit while I wait. I love sketching like this, real loose with a prismacolor pen on paper . . . no erasing, just observing and drawing. The older guy left after about two minutes of me sketching so I left it as is was.

I'm currently in the middle of a few paintings in acrylic and oils which I'll hopefully be able to share soon. I'm also in the middle of a few publication jobs that I will share as soon as I have permission to do so!

7 Comments:

Blogger ramanjit said...

hi sir,
we are waiting for your new work please post that as soon as posible.
by the way this is very strong sketching.i love this style.
thanks for shearing these type of work with us.there is so much to learn.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Edo said...

Hey Jason, okay coffee, superb sketch!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

nice stuff man. Must be a nice little 45 minute break in the day, where you can't do anything other than sketch!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude the art instruction better be TOP NOTCH!!! hope they can teach her sight size!

Guerrilla sketching at starbucks eh?! WHICH ONE!!!!!!!?? coffees on me!


oils eh?? interesting....

I am serious about coffee Mr Seiler

3:17 AM  
Blogger Tobias Schwarz said...

very cool blog and caricatures!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Brett W. McCoy said...

Great stuff! Do you ever have trouble with someone getting angry when you are sketching them in a public place?

One of the funnest places I have ever gone to for life drawing is the 'commons' area in a local mall, it's a playground for kids to play in and you have to draw fast because kids never stay still! Great for building the memory sketching skills...

8:46 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you guys and gals . . . and to answer the question about anyone ever getting angry . . .

Answer . . . not sure and I don't really care. I'm there to relax and sketch, I don't get in anyone's way and I don't sit there and STARE at people, I glance up at them every so often.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners