Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fats Domino Sketch



On the NCN forum Jan Op De Beeck started a "Sketch a Day" thread or "threads" I should say. Every Day is of course some one's birthday, so Jan has been posting birthday's of "famous" people and then that person is sketched by whoever feels like joining in. I'm in the middle of a large and somewhat complicated painting for GOLF magazine as well as a few other projects, so my personal sketching time is dwindling a bit. I still try to find time here and there to squeeze in a sketch or two a day if I can manage it. So last night I peaked in on the NCN forum and saw that it is Fats Domino's birthday on Feb 26th! So last night while watching a strange movie with my wife, I did this quick sketch. Happy birthday Fats!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Hi Jason, Great work man! I have been gone for a week and half on vacation and comeback to see all of the work you have done for King magazine and so on! Wow man great job!! Can not believe the work you are producing in such a short period of time!! Job well done!!!! Keep up the great work Jason!

2:44 PM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Excellent incentive to keep the sketch reflex toned. Love the white hat.. leads the eye right up the profile. Sensitive treatment and expertly put to paper or tablet.

8:26 PM  
Blogger J. Bustamante said...

Love Fats Domino and love this sketch. how long do these sketches usually take to do??

9:12 PM  
Blogger J.BOSCO said...

expression great!
excellent!

congratulations

10:11 PM  
Blogger mrityunjay said...

we want some more exaggeration..

1:26 AM  
Blogger Marko Krull said...

looking great! you make me wanna try painting caricarture too - fantastic work!

2:19 AM  
Blogger Niall O loughlin said...

I like this style Jason, I must give it a go sometime.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mais uma vez, muito obrigado pelos comentários lá no meu blog!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Again, thank you for the comments there on my blog!

9:46 PM  
Blogger hanzz said...

Great caricature !

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners