Monday, July 27, 2009

John Dillinger Acrylic W.I.P. & new Painting Course at Schoolism.com!




Today we started filming me paint a small acrylic of John Dillinger for a new course I'm developing for Schoolism. My new course for Schoolism, "Painting with Jason Seiler" will cover painting both digitally as well as traditionally with acrylics. Learning how to paint with acrylics, how to mix the correct values, how to build a painting and so forth. I'll share more info on this course as I get closer to announcing the first semester.





The first stages of the block in . . . starting simple, blocking in shape and looking for the correct values.







More to come as I continue to develop the painting. This is about as far as I got in a little less than an hour put into it.

17 Comments:

Blogger Brett W. McCoy said...

Oh wow, a painting course... I hope I can take that one!

5:05 PM  
Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

Looking good man!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Eric Zampieri said...

It could be a great piece!

I love the sketch.


It was so funny to see the picture in your Cintiq, just as a display and you working at the side on traditional media.

Back to the sources!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

looking forward to it! (I'll try to start saving now...)
nice cintiq!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Evan Bonifacio said...

Looking fresh man, always good to see the steps your taking. :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Haitao Su said...

Ha! cool work way! I like the feeling of hand-painted.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Damion009 said...

its always cool to see how AWESOME happens! thank man!

11:39 PM  
Blogger A. Riabovitchev said...

Brilliant !:o)
Love it a lot!:o)

4:32 AM  
Blogger ARI said...

Reaaaally goood! Apart from that, i´ve just received your book and I have to say that it´s highly recommended for anybody. Brilliant.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

what a cool post! thanks for sharing those pics. great painting by the way!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Will Appledorn said...

i've said it before, these old time criminals, for some reason, always make for good caricatures.

this looks great, would be an enlightening course to take for sure.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

i will be in this new course for sure!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jason Horning said...

always fun and interesting to see your process.
I also saw the painting you did of your wife on theispot. wow, that's awesome. does she mind being caricatured?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Thiago Martins said...

Great work!!!


did you make a video with the progress?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! It appears we use the exact same equipment....

Great interview at sketchophrenia...

2:00 AM  
Blogger Doron Meir said...

Sounds very good, maybe I'll take the course...I love your painting technique.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Manu said...

His works are incredible. I am a true follower of his work. I was surprised by the cartoon by Tim Burton. Greetings and congratulations

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners