Thursday, November 26, 2009

New Moon quick sketches.



Robert Pattinson from "Twilight's New Moon".

Aweful movie . . . I went to see it with my wife. The only thing good about this movie was the sound tract, some great songs by some great bands. There were a couple scenes in the film that were fun, some cool imagery, but over all, the movie gets a "BIG YUCK" from me.

It's funny, I've gotten some interesting comments about this sketch of Robert Pattinson. I chose to draw him differently than what is typical or what I've been seeing, and so far I haven't seen one good drawing of him. Instead I've seen people draw the "idea" of who or what they "think" he's supposed to look like. It seems like every artist out there draws him the exact same way, as if he's today's version of James Jean . . . if you think that, you couldn't be further from the truth.
Pattinson is a "dork", so draw him like a dork! I don't get the hype at all?

As always I enjoy the comments, but please know that I am content and satisfied with my quick sketch. I captured what I set out to capture, I had fun, and that's good enough for me. It's OK to try different things. Not everything you do as an artist will work, and that's OK. You need to "do" something right? Don't fall into the trap of feeling like you have to draw a certain way or draw certain "things" in order to please others. Draw for yourself, draw what you want.



This is a quick thumbnail sketch of Pattinson . . . very loose, just scratching down an idea.



Taylor Lautner, this kid is on steroids . . .

I'm looking forward to seeing "The Wolfman" with Benicio Deltoro, now that will be a cool film . . .

24 Comments:

Blogger Dominic Philibert said...

Excellent Jason!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Timar Holtkamp said...

It looks great again! And you are right about that movie.. awfull
Did you do these sketches in sketchbook pro?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Aaron Wilkin said...

Ha!!!! You nailed that Taylor guy!!!! Thats another movie I will never see!!!! But what is shocking is that the soundtrack is actually pretty dope!!!!!( Thom Yorke, Grizzly Bear, Lykke LI, OK Go, Muse, Band Of Skulls, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.......) Any ways, nice job on these sketches.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Mette said...

haha, both are so, so spot on. ;D Espedcially the one of the wolfboy. Haha, he looks like an over sized twelve year old. I reeeally dont see what all the fuzz is about these boys. :P

1:38 PM  
Blogger Patrick Strogulski said...

Aweful movie, but great sketch !!!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Mag said...

Excelente mi pana Jason...demasiado fino como captas los rasgos.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Luke Watson said...

Yeah that kid is huge, when I was 17 I looked nothing like that, actually I kinda looked like I do now only with less hair...drawings = good.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Eric Zampieri said...

I love the sketch of Pattinson!!!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Vu Minh Tu said...

You made my day TWICE! So true about the movie and the sketches are just brilliant

10:57 PM  
Blogger 阿恬 said...

wow~Taylor Lautner haha
sketch out a taylor swift with him
haha~how many time u sketch it >_< super super fast and pro : )

11:08 PM  
Blogger Patrick Dizon said...

Pattinson looks more like Del Toro though. Great job!

1:38 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I agree my girlfriend forced me to go see it and what an awful movie, what a shame with a good soundtrack to it too! On a lighter note my favorite is of Robert Patterson! It's great man!!! You've captured them both but with him you hardly need to see the features to know that's him!!

3:55 AM  
Blogger Kaexi said...

Hey, I like the hairstyle of Robert Pattinson! Great & Excellent!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Tooninator said...

Great take on Taylor. Robert? Not too sure on

12:50 PM  
Blogger Oscar Herrero said...

Most of the time I don't know what to say when I see your art. Unbelievable seems a very little word for the feeling.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Miguel Garrido said...

Marvellous rapid sketches.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Berri said...

Those are very inspirational words of wisdom- create art for yourself, don’t compromise yourself to please others. Thank you, I am going to pass that along to my young niece and nephews. It is obvious that you do not compromise; you have a very unique and distinct style. Keep rockin’... I met you while I was getting my armpits tattooed this week.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great sketch. I love the use of shapes in his hair.

4:39 AM  
Blogger AkinYaman said...

they are great man

7:26 PM  
Blogger charles Da Costa said...

Fantastic Jason! beautiful sketch!!!

3:12 AM  
Blogger KW said...

Hehe! Your hatred of Robert Pattinson made me snort-laugh. When I see pictures of him on magazines I wonder if his mom let him sleep on his face as a baby. Your drawings are great!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Diego Martín Puente said...

Your work is excellent, congratulations

9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are wicked awesome!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Annika said...

oh u wanna go there??? Twilight is 1 OF THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIMES!!!!! AND ALL THE TWILIGHT MOVIES ARE BEST!!! TWILIGHT SAGA'S WON A LOT OF AWARDS IF U DIDNT KNO......DUMBO

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners