Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ross Perot Jr. for Dallas CEO




This was a spot illustration I did a few weeks back, another one of those day and a half turn arounds . . . never seem to have as much time as I'd like . . . but that goes with the job I guess? This was a fun piece to work on, and the A.D. is great to work with which is also a bonus!

I decided to rely more on expression and posture rather than gags and so forth to tell the story. Also, I felt that the colors used could really help set the mood, for that, I dipped into the film industry for inspiration. I always loved the look of the first Matrix movie, the colors, the mood etc . . . I didn't watch the Matrix, or look at any references of the Matrix while working on this piece. Instead, I kept that feeling in mind while painting . . . I wanted the mood, the color . . . besides this guy and Keanu
could be twins . . . just kidding.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Caricature Artist said...

Cool! I like it. There are also good caricature arts made by good caricature artist at www.showboatentertainment.com Thank you.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

This is awesome Jason, it has such a poetic touch to it, different from your normal work. It has more of a deeper look to it, which is awesome that your able to achieve that. One thing is to paint well the other thing is to connect with the viewer in a different level and you have definitely achieved that, Bravo!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Attractive Art Community (Big Sam) said...

I agree with the man above me! Really good atmosphere in this one Jason! DRAW DAMION!!! haha

5:02 PM  
Blogger mattanimation said...

I'm diggin' the softer light bloom going on.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome! The light going between the buildings is amazing! Very nice caricature!

Bowie

12:37 AM  
Blogger Miguel Garrido said...

Un nuevo gran trabajo, cómo siempre, a seguir creando grandes obras.

2:24 PM  
Blogger kencoogan said...

Love the mood of this one Jason!! Beautiful.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Dominic Philibert said...

Great painting!

7:30 PM  
Blogger ïoO said...

Great atmosphere and , as always, awesome caricature!

2:26 AM  
Blogger Will Appledorn said...

very interesting tid-bit about your inspiration for the color scheme.

nice work, as usual.

6:30 PM  
Blogger jamie holmes said...

Great portraits.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

jason you're my primary source of inspiration and motivation. thanks for that! think i watched your dvd 15 times.. ;-)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners