Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Ad for 2012 Summer Olympics



This is one of two paintings that I was commissioned to paint for the 2012 Summer Olympics in England. The paintings that I did will be used as posters and billboards!

The idea of this one was "The games are coming to Weymouth", or something like that.



They wanted a realistic look to the illustrations, but I also felt it was important that they had a painted look to them. For my flag reference, I actually hand made little flags and then stuck them in Styrofoam. I then lit them how I wanted and from there I sketched and finally painted.



This painting is all about how it looks from a distance rather than up close. Which is how I prefer it anyways.




The flags were a lot more difficult to paint than I first thought and took a lot longer to paint too.

One of the most challenging aspects to this painting was the arrangement of the flags. There are certain flags that they wanted to showcase up front, but some flags don't look right next to other flags, so there was a little back and forth before everyone agreed on where each flag should be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas Hong said...

details of flags looks really amazing! Thanks for sharing! :->

11:52 AM  
Blogger Ilustra GUGA! said...

nice Job, the flags became a lot realistic, but i'm curious about a little detail in botton of sand mountain, is this a stone or something like that?

hugs from GUGA!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

That background really does look like an English seaside! Awesome!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Steve Roberts said...

Awesome as ever Jason. 2 things though, you forgot the grey dreary rain filled sky that we tend to get during summer over here in the UK ;)... and is that a little buried face with an eye peering out that I can see at the base of the sandcastle ?

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners