Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Paint it Bleak! NY Observer cover


This week's cover for the New York Observer.
Will a Paywall Help Keep the Lights on at Louise Blouin Media? I don't know, to find out click HERE to read the article.




This was a fun piece to work on. I was asked to paint the "New York Observer guy" (their logo) in a gallery, looking at paintings of Louise Blouin. I was asked to do a "Mona Lisa-type" painting, which is basically just a painting done in my typical style . . . so eat it Leonardo! I was asked to do Warhol and Picasso-like paintings for the other two . . .




Three paintings within a painting!
Gotta love it!



Sketch.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners